Saturday, April 19, 2008

I joke. But I am not a joke!

It did not occur to me that different people can take (or respond to) serious issues in extremly different ways.

Someone took something that is, to me, a serious and sensitive thing as a joke. I was sad. Though I didn't seem to be sad. I told someone ('x') about this, but I didn't show to 'x' my sadness. Even to the person that made the joke ('y'), Im sure 'y' doesn't know that 'y' had said something that somehow hurt me.

I do not know if the joke was purely a joke, or 'y' actually ment to say that for any reason that I have no clue about. Whatever the truth is, I am not angry at 'y'. I am sure 'y' didn't mean to be insensitive. It was just something that I won't ever take as a joke. And I was expecting 'y' not to take it as a joke either. But, anyhow, now I know that people do take serious matters in different ways.

No comments: