Friday, May 6, 2011

A Perfect Last Day of Classes

It's another Friday. But it is not quite as typical as the previous hectic Fridays I have had this semester. I had classes from 9am to 4pm with only lunch break on Friday this semester. Often, I would have an English paper due by midnight. But today is not the same exhausting Friday as usual. It's more exhausting, for sure. Since I had to wake up at 5am just to figure out that my lovely laptop did not save the essay I was working on the whole day yesterday. And that essay is due today by midnight. Great, right? I was so sad I couldn't even cry. It felt surreal, indeed. But, again, this is not a regular Friday with all the nerve wracking assignments or the tornado siren that goes off in the middle of my so-much-needed 30 mins power nap. Nope. Today is my last Friday as a Kenyon student. Today is the last day of classes, the last day I had to sit down for a lecture/ lab/ seminar at Kenyon Academia. That was probably why I felt so surrreal this morning. On my last day as a Kenyonite, this lovely school just threw me anything possible to give me a remarkable and unforgetable memory of last day of classes. But nothing will bring me down. Neither the lack of sleep, the slamming doors of my not so toughtful neighbors, nor the wickedness of my laptop for ditching my final paper just at the right time. I want to enjoy this moment, all this stresses as a student. Proud of being a student of, they call it, Harvard/ Princeton of the Midwest, I am! Kenyon had served me well, hopefully vice versa. A balanced ups and downs really taught me a lot and shaped me growing up to be I am as what I am now.

I am in my, not surprisingly, messy dorm. Leonard 316. I think I'll miss it. Before I go on and on, I probably should get my essay going, for I do not have much time. And I have Microbiology assignment due by midnight too. So ya, I'll be back! =)

No comments: