Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cards and their meanings to me

After a failure on an attempt to do math yet a success on solving my Chem Lab pre-lab questions, I decided to steal sometimes to rest before continue doing work. I know it is friday night, which I could have used as an excuse to chill out, but I indeed don't want to be a procrastinator no more!

I was thinking about watching a movie but it's kinda late already. I need to get up early tomorrow to do my truck loads works. Thus I decided to read some cards. Cards I received from people- family, friends, colleagues, and many others. And I cried. I seriously cried, with frowny face! Not that the messages on the cards are so poetic nor sympathetic. I truly miss those who mean 'more than chili sauce' to me. Those whom I've shared my tears and joy. Some of those whom I care more than my self.

Cards, to me, are incomparable gifts! It's nice to get other gifts too, especially if you have been wanting for them badly (like, for instance, a bucket of roses as birthday gift..hehehe^^)- It's trice as nice! :D But still you can not compare the value of card to any gift. Well, at least to me, I won't. Cards tell you stories and recall memories. Like my lil bro's card (my 19th bday card); it's a very simple card, no fancy writings inside, YET full with writings.. his HANDWRITING! Cards (or I might call them letters since the writings are so long.hehe..) form Jen and Mim remind me so much of our great sisterhood. Card from Dad with his messy-almost-unreadable handwriting and his 'soen jao', just breeze my heart with warm fatherly love. The value of card, when it's written with tender love and sealed with personal intimacy, is like a brush in a hand of a great painter- amazing drawing obtained from a paltry tool!

That's it for today I guess.. I need to continue to do some work and go to bed soon.

No comments: