Saturday, August 23, 2008

My rather painful yet meaningful journey

Yuhuuuuuuuuuuu..

Gua balik lagi! Skrg dah di Ohio lg. Kaga terasa banget, 3 bulan berlalu begitu cepat. Libubr tlah usai n gua skrg back to the battle field!

Perjalanan gua kali ini ngga begitu mulus. Sehari sebelom berangkat gua sakit. I was down to on the day I left Indo. Usually, I am strong enaough to hold my tears but this time I cried, really cried.

I got 9hrs transit in Singapore. I wasn't feeling very weel and also 9hr was too much for a 'Changi Airport terminal 2 Tour'. Thus I decided to sleep at the transit hotel. So far so good. No real problem. Then I flew to Moscow which took 10hrs. I was so tired that I couldn't even be bothered by the rude guy sitting on my back. I knew he was big and it's kinda hard for him to put his legs properly but at least DONT KEEP ON KICKING MY SEAT! BUt, yeah, I was too sleepy to really notice his bad behaviour!

After 2hrs transit in Moscow (yg cuma bikin capek..), flight was continued to Houston, Texas. It took 12 irritating hrs!!! I have got enoguh sleep on the way to Moscow so now I was fully awake. As you can guess (or probably have guessed), that hyper guy did not stop kicking my seat. I called him hyper coz he really never stopped kicking me! Not even for 5 minutes. He moved his legs every single time, kicked my seat once every 10mins, and when he opened his tray (which is on the back of my seat) he gave me EARTHQUAKE!!!! I was ill, upset to leave home and hence felt like shouting "YOU STOP KICKING MY SEAT OR JUST BUGGER OFF!!". But too bad, gua ngga sampe hati aje.. well, akhirnya gua yg nahan gondok sendiri.. :(

Ssampe di Houston, gua hrs pindah ke domestic flight to Columbus means that I got to move my 2 UBER HEAVY luggages. Good that I didnt know that I have to move to terminal A (I landed in terminal E, the last one) at the first place. Kalo ngga, udah nangis kalee gua ngebayangin all the traoubles I would get! Yes it was phisically and thecnically challenging for a small asian girl like me (well, at least in the states I am considered as 'the small one' lol). I got to take an underground that forced me to leave the trolley behind. With 2 big luggages and one small but heavy enough luggage plus one hand bag, I tried to get into the underground. Seriously, it was HARD. When I jumpe out from the underground, there was no trolley. I just couldnt drag my belongings to the elevator. Lucky me, two kind guys came and offered me a help. But of course they cannot jump into the elev w/ me. again, I failed to move my stuff. Then I saw a trolley at the corner, just 5 steps away from me and the lady said "Surely, someone is watching you over!" and I said "Oh yeah!" HE is watching over me :) Still, it was not easy to put my stuff on the trolley, yet that lady and a man (theyre already in the elev) waited for me and said "Take your time! We'll wait for you!", good Lord! (that man actually came and helped me out. Merci!)

Check in desk..
My luggages were overwghd!!! 5 pounds over! HOW COME?? it was 23 kgs each. the scale at home must be a shitty one! I was grumpy yet, again, lucky enough for not getting extra charges. Off to the waiting room, I was sick enough to read the announcment screen. I just want to be there, have a sit, and wait till boarding!
DELAYED!
My flight supposed to board at 5.15pm and it got delayed until 8pm. How great is that? I was so done, phisically and emotionally. Then this kind indian guy came and sat next to me. He was a very nice guy and we kindly offered companion to each other, which I thought was nice. He even changed our seats so we could seat next to e/o and prob have a chat (but well, I fell asleep all the way through to Cahrlotte, NC)

Welcome to Charlotte, NC! It was 11is pm when we landed. I've chatched up some sleep on the plane and that gave me more energy to get going. It was all okay, I went to ask some stuff at the US airways sepecial service desk and he was calling the transit hotel to book rooms for us. Then when I came back the it-was-not-okay started. Singkat cerita, he got kinda upset (and I guess mad) with me coz I didn't want to SHARE A ROOM WITH HIM! Of course I dont want to! he's a STARGER and above all he is a MAN! I asked him not to take any offense and explaned him that to share a room with a man not from my family contradicts the Indonesian tradition. He sudddenly became a bit grumpy and left me. Okay, I am sorry but I am not that 'brave'!

I ended up sharing a room with a girl who got starnded too. I actually didnt want to stay in a hotel but the airport was not open for 24hr, I was kicked out by the airport official.. poor me.. I was lucky enough to meet that girl (whose name Angel too :). I have neither cell phone nor coins to make a call and reserve a room. But God is good, all the time. Tiba2 aja ada ni cewek stranded and need a hotel too. So, gua pinjem hapenya dia n puji Tuhan dia orgnya jg baek n ramah..

I got up at 5.30. 3hrs of sleep for 40bucks, defntly doesnt worth it but well what elese could I have done? 6am I was off to the airport and flew to CMH by 7.30am.

Landed at Cols at 8.45am. I was so happy when I stepped out the plane and enter the airport building. Finaly..
From the distance I saw ko Andre waiving at me :)

Thank God for everything. I believe kalo bukan krn penjagaan Tuhan, gua ngga bakal utuh nyampe Ohio. Thank God!

No comments: