Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

It is insane how fast time goes by! All those memories from my winter break last year are still in my mind, crystal clear, and now my 2008 winter break is already going towards its end.

Yesterday, we had CG at Ko Tries' place. Each of us got to share something about what we experienced in 2008. I said, for me, 2008 was an interesting year. There were many excitements that I embraced and, at the same time, took lessons of. There were many downs as well, but surely I found a better angle of seeing my relationship with God through those tough times.

Dec 2008, it is my third time spending Christmas without my family. If on those old days I used to feel bored, if not complain, about our family's Christmas rituals, now I kind of miss them. Visiting my grandparents and the older and relatives (this one is what me and my siblings hesitate the most.lol), open house-ing (aka eating from plate to plate until you feel like vomiting to see food!),get very tired when we reach home, wake up late the next day and eat out for a family lunch or, if we are too lazy, mom will cook something, then we'll have lunch in our pajamas..
I forgot that I was homesick until then.

Was talking over the phone with mommy couple of days ago and I was surprised that they're going to have an open house! That is going to be the first open house ever since we moved to Manado! Usually, we would only visit other families, the older ones. But this time we are having one! Ahhh.. to bad I had to miss it!

About my bro's plan to get married sometimes this year, I am so excited! :) God, I pray that You lead my bro so he'll marry the one that is best from You. Amen.

My little bro is now in the choir and prayer ministries of the youth. I was enlightened to know such joyful news. I have always been praying that God will draw him close to Him and I want to thank You for your care to my beloved little bro!

My biggest gratitude oh Lord, is the second chance you gave me. That thing that I did really was non right and I knew it did not please your heart. I promise to use the opportunity you gave to its most! I realize that one of the ways to be grateful of Your blessings is that by using them to the most and be blessings to others. And I realized that I had been lacking of doing that in 2008. For such lame attitude of mine, taking Your care and blessings for granted, I want to truly apologize.

It was hard for me to come up with a new year resolution. I felt like I had to make too many resolutions and to pick just one/ some of them is just as hard as to eat raisins. I could not decide. Yet God helped me to choose and prioritize what ought to be prioritized! For sure, the connection between the Bible reading in CG and at church was not only an accident. I knew God wanted to tell me what resolution I should have through the Bible sharing shared by Ko Tries and Pastor Yo. He longs for neither money nor talent, He just want my heart. God-centered, that is what my 2009 resolution should be. And it is more than just believing in Him. It's rather a trust, trusting in His plans in my life. I know it's hard, I know, as human, I tend to plan what my life should be in the future. But if truth to be told to myself, I have come this far with all the great chances I have had in my life, they were never in my plan! Not even a single one! They were all God's works that are upheld by His mercy and care. So, how could I now not counting on Him? Why should I not FULLY trust in him? Really, I do not have enough reason to take over the steer!

I think what I need to do is just to close my eyes and start to see Him with my heart. And that's my resolution for 2009!

No comments: